The Higher Education Commission (HEC) is offering the overseas scholar ships for MS/M.phil leading to Ph.D. These scholar ships are placed in highly advanced countries in technology and education. HEC have signed a special treaty of understandings related to tuition fees and academic career for the Pakistani students. This process almost take 8-10 months from announcement to award of scholar ships.
These scholar ships are for all disciplines. Provincial and quota disciplines are kept in limitations according to the national needs. Under this total numbers of 2000 scholar ships were announced out of which 1800 (90%) scholar ships are to be awarded. For this purpose 450 scholar ships have to be awarded every year. All these scholar ships are for MS/MPHIL leading to PhD have been settled in countries highly advanced in technology.
The main objective of HEC to award these overseas scholar ships to create a group of highly qualified engineers, doctors, technologists, scientists manpower in high tech fields in Pakistan. Other purpose is to build up the capacities of industries, research institutes, universities in our country through addition of PhDs scholars on priority. Through this scheme group of scientists and researchers to publish their research work. Through this we can get good numbers of research papers annually. This scheme would provide our system a better output and productivity.
- The candidates with the nationality of Pakistan/AJK can apply.
- 40 year age with service in public sector, universities and colleges.
- 35 year age with all others.
- Applicant must have 50 or 50+ marks HEC scholar ship test.
- Candidates having any other scholar ship are not eligible.
- Candidates must have the minimum of 18 years qualification (i.e. MS/MPHIL)
- Applicant with more than 2 second divisions in all academic career is not eligible.
How to apply:
- Attested copies of all educational degrees accredited by HEC.
- Attested copies of domicile and CNIC.
- Reason to apply for scholar ship (one page)
- Personal profile (Curriculum Vitae)
- Research proposal on indigenous issues.
- NOC from employer. (only for government servants)
- Original online deposit slip of Rs. 200/- (non refundable) Bank draft is not acceptable.